28 October 2009

Maybe a visit to T's Tearoom in Vancouver


My sister Char gave me a sweet tea pot, like the one to the left, but in sky blue, with some terrific Kenya black and ginger loose tea. I drank this right up and I knew, with such a fun teapot, a tea bag wouldn't do.

So I was looking for loose rooibos tea because I like the taste so much. It is my favorite tea, plain or infused with other flavors like fruit. This is something to say because I also love decaffeinated Constant Comment or chai very much. But I wanted some rooibos in the house. Didn't check our local food co-op or seasonal farmer's market, but rooibos was not to be found loose in the grocery stores. Lo and behold, on an adventure of a completely different nature, in a small farm store in Langley, BC, I found vanilla rooibos from .

Who would have guessed these loose twigs for brewing would have found their way into my hands, when renown chefs and prestige hotels around the world are more likely to carry the brand. has a tearoom at 1568 West Broadway Street (just west of Granville) in Vancouver. Maybe a visit to the tearoom on some upcoming trip to Vancouver is in order, to find peace in a teacup, with perhaps a side benefit of finding lower prices than what online shoppers can find, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment