21 November 2009

Soup's On - Crock Pot Golden Chicken and Crimini Mushroom

I awoke one day this week to the wonderful smell of soup.  Okay, I didn't think when I started this blog, that it would show me out as a foodie, but I can't resist sharing this recipe I concocted with the items on hand:

CROCK POT GOLDEN CHICKEN AND CRIMINI MUSHROOM

Ingredients
  • 3 or 4 stalks celery, sliced to the size you like in soup
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 lb crimini mushrooms, sliced (I bought them already sliced)
  • 1/3 cooked chicken, cut in bite size pieces (I used leftover from rotisserie chicken I bought at market)
  • 8 cups broth (I used half chicken and half vegetable, because that is what I had on hand)
  • 1 tsp garlic
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1 TBS thyme (I had some freshly dried thyme sprigs and just loaded it in.  I liked the result)
  • 1 can evaporated milk

Directions
  1. Put all ingredients but milk into crock pot.  Cook on low for 8 hours or until celery is done or done slightly less than you like.
  2. Pour in evaporated milk and let cook for another 30-45 minutes on low.
  3. Enjoy with some toasted crusty bread.  YUM
Yes, I had this soup for breakfast and for lunch.  First time I have had soup for breakfast I think.  But I could not resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment