22 January 2012

Frittelle di Pere

PEAR PANCAKES (with a side of Fried Eggs)

It's my sister Susan's birthday today!  Hooray, Susan!

Thought I was pretty cool when I made muffaletta panino last night for myself, a variation on Rachael Ray's, with salad olives, Candoni Italian onions in Balsamic Vinegar (borettane onions, a cippoline pearl onion, small saucer like onions), capers, pepper flakes, EVOO, small baguette, deli-roasted turkey, salami, and dubliner irish cheese.

But this morning, breakfast sublime!


Giovanna's Frittelle di Pere (Joanne's Pear Pancakes)

Ingredients
  • 1 cup bisquick mix
  • 1/2 cup milk (more if you like thin pancakes)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 pear, hand-chopped in small pieces (I used red anjou and was patient for the last several days to make sure it had ripened - but not too soft)
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • syrup, or for me powdered sugar and splash extra virgin olive oil on top when serving
Directions
    1. Heat griddle to 375 degrees
    2. Stir first 5 ingredients until blended
    3. Grease griddle if it is a non-stick surface
    4. Pour slightly less than 1/4 cupfuls onto hot griddle
    5. Cook until edges are dry. Turn and cook until golden
    6. Serve with butter and syrup if you are traditional, or with splash EVOO and shake of powdered sugar, if you are like me. I served mine with a couple of fried eggs (love to dip pancake into yolk) and a couple of slices of the pear. I'm sure some caramelized pear slices would make a nice topping too.


No comments:

Post a Comment