22 November 2011

Joanne's Thanksgiving

Here's my story and I'm sticking to it. Various recipes if you click on item:

Appetizer
Relish Tray (olives, pickles, carrot sticks, celery sticks, roasted red peppers, Italian onions, lupini beans, Buttermilk Blue and Dubliner cheeses) with vinaigrette for dipping, crackers
 
Main Course
Pollo alla Catanzarse (Chicken Catanzaro-style)

Cornbread and Oyster Stuffing
Whole Berried Cranberry Sauce
Garlic Mashed Potatoes/Simple Baked Sweet Potato
Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Hazelnut Brown Butter


Beverages
I will choose among the following depending on my mood:
Apple-cranberry sparkling cider
A blond ale or O'Douls
Prosecco or a rich red
Moscato with dessert

Dessert 
Affogato al Caffè (my version - Hazelnut Gelato with Caffè D'Arte strong coffee poured on top) 
Slice of pear, red grapes, and Anna's chocolate mint thin.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This all sounds scrumptious. We are making roasted brussel sprouts today, too, with our duck and wild rice. I'm going to try brussel sprouts with the hazelnut brown butter another time soon.

    Enjoy, and Happy, Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This chicken recipe really worked, but it is important to understand that this "stuffing" is really about seasoning the poultry. It is not enough for a side dish. I'd truss this chicken in the future. I did not turn it three times, only two because my toothpicks came apart. So it cooked on the breast side and not the back side.

    My cornbread and oyster stuffing has these variations and worked: oysters from those plastic containers (pretty darn fresh here in the PNW), also onion/celery/mushroom. Used cornbread stovetop, but still baked. It was my best stuffing in recent history.

    The roasted brussel sprouts with hazelnuts and brown butter...who doesn't love their brussel sprouts...their own nutty and sweet flavor.

    I will enjoy my leftovers. Making fried eggs to top some stuffing, either sweet potato cake or garlic mashed potato cake on the side.

    ReplyDelete